Monday, June 17, 2013

Pinky's

From the beginning of this experience, I've been looking forward to trying Pinky's. I loved The Penguin's fried pickles, and as one of the previous owners moved over to Pinky's, I was excited to try this well-known Charlotte restaurant. But to be honest, I was completely underwhelmed, and I don't know that I have a good reason for it. It really was just okay.

Let me try to explain. It's your typical Charlotte biker bar/restaurant, but it didn't have its own 'feel' that I was looking for in what I thought was going to be something different. The car on the top of the restaurant is a nice touch, but as far as decor and restaurant set-up goes, that's about where it stops. Everything else is packed in with an awkward restaurant layout.

I can't say the service wasn't good. We were seated promptly, and we were asked if we had questions about the menu. Again, just no extra touch.

The highlight of my Pinky's visit was the starters. The fried pickles and crab puppies (hush puppies made with crab meat) were the amazing appetizers that I was expecting. The White Trash burger on the other hand was just okay. The burger meat was fresh, but the bun was greasy without being satisfying, and the fried pickles and fried onions were just thrown on there. It didn't feel like the cohesive burger creation that I was expecting.



It may have just been the overcast day, or maybe Pinky's was just too hyped up for me, but I felt that it was good without being great, and it left me wanting more of an experience from something so widely talked about in Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment