Monday, June 17, 2013

Cutting Image

My hair has always been a sore spot in my life.

It's curly without being ringlets, it's thin which means breakage and tangles, and when it's colored blonde, it always goes brassy.

When I looked on Yelp for a salon in the Charlotte area, I saw that Cutting Image was rated well and decided to give it a shot. When I called to set up my appointment, I was asked some preliminary questions and then asked which level of stylist I wanted. This salon does its pricing in three levels--Junior Stylist, Senior Stylist, and Master Stylist, and I felt comfortable going for the mid-level senior. I was assigned to Sarah for Thursday at 6:00PM.

When I showed up at the salon, I was immediately offered a drink and was asked if I'd like wine, beer, water, etc. I opted for water since I'm going for six-pack summer, but I love that they immediately wanted me to feel comfortable and welcome in their salon. I only waited about 2 or 3 minutes before Sarah was ready for me and went back to her chair for my consultation.



If I can be honest, this is not the nicest looking salon I've ever been in. The products looked good, but the decor is lacking and the chairs and shampoo stations are packed in tightly. It had less of a "spa" feel and more of a local cuttery.

But that really is my only "complaint" about this place. From the second I walked in the door to my consultation with Sarah, to seeing the finished product, I felt that this was one of the best salon experiences I've ever had. Let me rave about Sarah for a second.

Sarah is a stylist who has been living in North Carolina and working for Cutting Image Salon for years, but she's from New York and is 0% fake bull-shit. If she was concerned about a certain product, she mentioned it and then consulted with a master stylist, who kept checking in with me also to see how I was doing. Sarah was honest and invested in how I felt as a client and was less concerned with being a fake-friendly stylist just to get a better tip. She asked me multiple times throughout the appointment how I was doing after I mentioned that I have a sensitive scalp, and she took all precautions. She stayed late to finish my hair, which took longer so she could match the color perfectly, and she did an amazing job. She really blended my hair into a perfect light blonde and somehow made my roots match the rest of my hair. She really is the amazing stylist that everyone mentioned on Yelp so I was happy to give her a 30% tip.




Because I know pricing is important, I'll share that color is around $70, but mine was an extra $10 for needing a longer first session, and I opted for the $10 deep conditioning treatment. She did a blow-dry on my hair without an extra charge so my total came to $90. Not bad for a great experience and perfect color. You can also find the pricing on their website.

I know this was a really long review, but I highly recommend Cutting Image, and Sarah, to anyone looking for a new stylist who is willing to pay a little more to have an amazing experience and a great end-product.

No comments:

Post a Comment